- November 15, 2019
The Top 20 For 2020
Kitchen Design Trends for Now and to Come.
The powers-that-be have released the ‘’what’s hot and what’s not’’ reports for the coming year and what we’re seeing is sensational!
1. Open Designs. The kitchen is becoming even more integrated with the décor of the surrounding spaces.
2. Induction Cooking. The cooktops of 2020 and beyond are as unobtrusive as possible.
3. Technology That Rocks. New Smart Appliances by Whirlpool allow you to use the touchscreen, voice control or control.
4. New Appliance Colors. Whirlpool is in the news this year with Fingerprint-Resistant Sunset Bronze.
5. Integrated Appliances. Integrating our appliances are about to amp up.
6. Islands That Are on the Level. A part of the open layout will be single level kitchen islands.
7. Marble. We are going to see marble make a comeback in a big way.
8. The Trend Is Looking Up. This year the ceiling is finally going to get the attention it so richly deserves.
9. Backsplashes Go Long. We’re going to see them run up the wall to the ceiling.
10. Black Is Back. Black is back and it’s hot in kitchen hardware.
11. Brass. It’s softer now and we’re going to see it aged and antiqued.
12. Drawers Are in the Spotlight. In 2020 they will replace upper cabinets to keep the kitchen wide open to other rooms.
13. Wood Floors…Kind Of. Vinyl and ceramic planks are gaining in popularity.
14. White Cabinets. We will see mixed cabinet colors with white being one of them.
15. Cabinet Colors. Gray will continue to take kitchens over the top. Blue is expected to be a hot color in 2020.
16. Top Picks in Paint Color for 2020. Very rich, earthy hues will serve as the perfect backdrop to painted cabinets or on an accent piece.
17. Hot Faucet Trends. Matte black will be one of the most exciting trends for faucets in 2020.
18. Lighting Trends. We’re looking at chandelier pendants in black metals with crystal accents.
19. Cabinet Door Trends. Glass insert doors are the trend also Shaker is expected to remain.
20. Quartz Countertops. White is going to be major but there are quartz hues for all cabinet colors from white to very dark.